There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider buying a newly built home instead of a resale property.
10 Reasons to Buy a Brand New Home
1. Customization: The amount of customization allowed depends on the builder and stage of construction but most new homes can be tailored to fit your needs and/or design choices.
- New home tip: When touring model homes, be sure to ask what features are standard versus optional upgrades.
2. Less Maintenance: If everything is new, nothing should need to be repaired or replaced any time soon. Furthermore, it's reasonable to assume that all new homes are equipped with new components so kitchen appliances, the furnace, water heater, air conditioning unit, garage door opener, and so on, are all covered by the builder's warranty and service agreements.
3. Energy Efficient: New homes offer high efficiency appliances and are constructed with energy efficient materials (housewrap; double-pane windows, better insulation) which all result in lower monthly bills.
4. Quality Construction: All new homes must meet current building code requirements and builders usually provide purchasers a home warranty up to 10 years on construction. Read more about new home construction.
5. Amenities: Most new homes are built in planned communities that offer popular amenities such as tennis courts, a playground, a dedicated nature preserve, a cabana and a beautiful swimming pool.
6. Modern Designs: New homes offer modern floor plans designed to meet the needs of today's families: Open floor plans, inviting foyers, higher ceilings, larger bathrooms, more closet space, gourmet kitchens, master retreats, sitting rooms, media rooms, and more!
7. Wired for Today: A good wiring plan ready to handle today's security systems, entertainment equipment, high-speed electronics and the like will have you enjoying all your entertainment and network systems right away.
8. Landscaping: New trees, bushes, flower beds and healthy sod are great but more importantly you can rest assured the lot has been graded to ensure proper drainage.
9. Safety Features: Newly built homes must meet all building code requirements for structure, fire, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, electrical and energy conservation. Some of the safety features installed in new homes to better protect your family include: Smoke and carbon monoxide dtectors which are hard-wired into homes, tempered glass and electrical circuit protectors.
10. Warranty: Professional builders stand behind their work and will offer a service warranty program and usually an extended structural home warranty coverage via a third party, like 2-10 HBW.